Longford County Council Arts Office seeks submission of tenders from suitably qualified artists interested in assuming the role of Artist-in-Residence to the Longford Urban Forest Project.
For a broad description of the proposed project see: https://www.longfordarts.ie/visualarts/longford-urban-forest-project/
- The successful applicant will work for two hours each week with eight varied and geographically dispersed voluntary community groups.
- One group is located in Ballinamuck North Longford, two groups are situated in Granard, three groups are situated in Longford town and one each in Ballymahon and Edgeworthstown. The groups will have variable standards of construction skills and experience of creative expression.
- The selected artist will be expected to guide and advise the group in designing their individual interpretation of a tree and will assist with some of the practical elements of the project such as choice of found and recycled materials and practical structural consideration.
- The project will run for 14 weeks from Monday April 23rd to Friday July 20th. The individual trees will be collected into an Urban Forest that will be on display in various prominent locations around Longford town during the Cruthu Festival from 14th to 29th July 2018.
- Submission Period: Monday 9th April to 1.00pm Monday April 16th
- Project Duration: Monday April 23rd – Friday July 20th
- Artist will be expected to have their own car – travel expenses should be included as part of the proposed artist project fee.
- Artist will be expected to have their own professional indemnity insurance.
Submissions will be adjudicated and marks awarded according to the following criteria;
- The Artist’s experience in this particular form of community visual arts 20%
- The Aesthetic quality and practicality of design ideas submitted. The applicant artist is not required to submit eight definitive design proposals. The artist is not required to submit extensive drawings or illustrations. A written description of the artist’s aesthetic/design proposals is sufficient. 30%
- Fees – a cost basis that the artist considers fair for the amount and nature of the work involved. 50%
All tenders should be by e-mail.
E-mails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
They should be marked; “Tender Submission for Artist-in-Residence to the Longford Urban Forest Project”
Closing date for receipt of tenders is 1.00pm Monday April 16th.